Unit Penjaminan Mutu Faculty of Psychology UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang has responsibility to ensuring the implementation of the quality assurance system goes well in accordance with applicable regulations. In addition, Unit Penjaminan Mutu Faculty of Psychology UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang has functions to control the implementation of Higher Education conducted by the Faculty of Psychology,in order to realize a quality Higher Education of Psychology UIN Malang. This is based on the mandate of the Higher Education Law Article 52 of Law no. 12 of 2012 concerning Higher Education and Permenristekdikti No. 62 of 2016. Every higher education institution is required to implement an Internal Higher Education Quality Assurance System in the form of systemic and autonomous activities to control and improve the quality of higher education in a planned and sustainable manner.
The implementation of the quality assurance system at the Faculty of Psychology includes the PPEPP cycle which is described in Article 5 paragraph (1) Permenristekdikti No. 62 of 2016 concerning SPM Dikti. This cycle consists of Standard Setting (Penetapan Standar), Standard Implementation (Pelaksanaan Standar), Evaluation the implementation of Standards, Control the implementation of Standards (Pengendalian), and Improvement of the evaluation results (Peningkatan). Based on this regulation, it is expected that the Faculty of Psychology to be able to carry out the PPEPP cycle as a form of management of quality and sustainable quality assurance.
The program activities owned by Unit Penjaminan Mutu Faculty Psychology of UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang, as an effort to carry out the quality control function include:
- Develop and review standards for the implementation of education and teaching, research, and community service.
- Develop and review SOPs based on applicable standards.
- Prepare and review job descriptions and job specifications so that all academics can carry out their duties properly.
- Carry out evaluation and control based on applicable standards.
- Plan and implement improvements based on results and evaluation reports and control over certain standards.