The violence phenomena’s in Indonesia often both case and control over the chaos, have not resolved until now. Unfortunately this violence often tinged with racism or SARA (ethnic, religion, race and intergroup) issues. This is certainly disabled the nation wealth which are rich in values and cultural resources from the diversity of culture, ethnicity, race and religion.
Indonesia is a multicultural country with diverse ethnic, religious, language, dialect and cultural values . On one side this is a potential capital, but in some way, often become a conflict’s causes. For example: one case of inter cultural conflict event occurred in 1971 at the center of Javanese culture, Solo. In April 1971 occurred an ethnic turmoil in Solo which triggered a minor incident between a becak driver with a young Arabs. The incident thrived into an ethnic chaos that caused various buildings (houses, shops, offices) that belonging to ethnic Arabs destroyed and burnt then spreading to a variety of ethnic Chinese-owned buildings. That was a pity, because we knew that Javanese characterized as a calm, patient, tolerant tribe.
Riots did not only make materially impact but also political, social and psychological. The conflict is no less tragic and heartbreaking occurs between ethnic Madurese and Dayak Sampit and Sambas. The conflict has even injured the religious Madurese culture in Sampang when there was conflict twice between Shia and non-Shia groups.
Those are reality in Indonesia, which require attention and treatment, in order to look for solutions, problems solving and preventive in order not to appear, grow, and develop broadly. This is because the potential is also often appeared in public situations of natural disasters, floods, earthquake, volcanoes, and many others. Social conflicts often arise and exploited by interested parties who are not responsible in situations of panic and confusion experienced by the victims. Therefore it is necessary prevention and relief effort so that no potential conflict and violence. As we know that Indonesia has a wealth of ethnicity, race, religion, and cultures differently and the potential for disaster is high.
Those various phenomena’s be real evidence that violence against the background differences, cultural, ethnic, racial, and religious still occur and cause upheavals in the community. Issues in Indonesia are also no longer a local issue, but the talk of the international community. Attempts to find a resolution to the conflict that developed through the conference, seminar, and workshop are urgently required, especially in the context of the utilization of cultural values that exist in each group in order to obtain a contextual problem solving and have a positive impact on the psychological condition of each member of the group.
- Enhance Indonesian scholars in doing Indigenous psychology research project especially on topic disaster and conflict
- Publication the result in International publishing outlets
- International collaborative research in Indigenous Psychology (disaster and conflict context)
- Publishing the result of research for International Outlets
- Tightening APIK networking
- Workshop Participants up to 45 Indonesian researcher, ready for international publishing
- Collaborative Research Proposal up to 15 documents
- Conference participant up to 200 person
- Call paper: presenting research proposal or a research publication up to 45 papers
- Member registration of APIK, up to 100 person
Friday-Sunday, June 13-15th, 2014
Ir. Soekarno Building
Maulana Malik Ibrahim State Islamic University of Malang
Call for Paper:
- Submission: Until June 4th 2014
- Letter of Acceptance June 7th 2014
- Guideline Call For Paper | download
- Please send an abstract in the email: firstname.lastname@example.org